FAQs & Aftercare
What is permanent makeup?
Permanent makeup, also known as semi-permanent makeup or micropigmentation, is a form of cosmetic tattooing used to enhance a person’s natural appearance. Using a variety of hypoallergenic pharmaceutical pigments, a professional makeup artist will apply colour and detail to your eyebrows, eyeliner and lips to create a make-up look that stays put. Each treatment is customised for each client – no two pairs of eyebrows are the same and every ombre lip is finished to suit exact specifications.
What pigments do you use for your treatments?
I used only Tina Davies inks which are vegan, cruelty-free and gamma-ray sterilised. These pigments offer a stable colour performance which won’t fade into different colours over time but will just become a lighter variant of your original colour. More information about these pigments can be found at www.tinadavies.com
Are you able to offer corrective treatments?
Yes. I have had specialist training in corrective treatments which allows me to rectify poor results you may have received elsewhere. For more information about this, please get in contact today.
How long does each treatment take?
Most of the treatments that I offer take 2 sessions to complete which are spaced between 6-10 weeks apart. After the initial treatment, your makeup will look bolder and darker for approximately 5 – 10 days. However, during this period, it will soften up to 70% to leave a natural finish. Once the first application has healed, the finish may appear patchy. This is completely normal and is the reason why the treatment is spread across two sessions. We will rectify this in the second session and ensure you leave with flawless permanent makeup.
What will happen during my consultation?
During your consultation, we will discuss the look you wish to achieve. This will include details about the shape and colour too. I ask that you arrive wearing your normal makeup so I can get an idea of how the finished look needs to be. I will also perform a patch test to eliminate the risk of adverse reactions and book in the appointment for your first treatment.
How long will my permanent makeup last?
Depending on the treatment and your personal skin type, permanent makeup will last anywhere between 3 to 5 years. I recommend having touch-ups every 1-2 years to keep the bold look as you may notice fading during this time.
In order to achieve the best results, you need to properly care for your lips, eyebrows or eyes after your treatment. Please see the information below. If you have any further questions please contact me.
- Ensure the treatment area is kept clean and dry until it has fully healed. This will take between 10 – 14 days.
- Apply your aftercare treatments frequently and as specified by your makeup artist
- Avoid running, exercise and sweating for 7-10 days
- Avoid steam rooms, swimming pools, hot tubs or saunas for 7-10 days
- Do not pick, rub or pull at scabs or flaking. This will result in you pulling away pigment. Allow the scabs and flakes to fall away by themselves.
- Do not apply makeup on the treatment area until healed.
- Do not apply moisturiser on the treatment area until healed.
- Do not have any laser hair removal treatments, waxing, tinting or electrolysis done during the healing period.
- Avoid direct sun and tanning treatments until healed.
During the first 2-3 days after your eyebrow treatment, you will notice small scabs forming around the application area. Avoid picking, pulling or rubbing these areas as this will result in the pigment being dispersed. You may also notice itching and a tightness which can be alleviated using the aftercare recommended. When these scabs naturally come away, the colour will appear pink and faint. This will intensify over the following 2 weeks.
It is normal for your eyebrows to appear patchy after the first appointment. During our second session, we will fill in these gaps and give you the flawless look you’ve dreamt of. I recommend booking your second appointment anywhere between 6 – 10 weeks after the first.
To keep your eyebrows looking their best, top-up treatments are required every 1-2 years.
The first few days after your eyeliner treatment, you may notice that your eyes feel slightly swollen. To reduce this, I can provide a cooling gel eye mask. During the first 2-3 days, the eyeliner will scab over. It is important that you do not pick, rub or pull at these scabs as this will result in a loss of pigment. Once they have naturally fallen off, the eyeliner colour will intensify over the coming 2 weeks.
During your second appointment, we will fill in any patchy gaps and ensure you leave with a flawless finish.
For the 2 week period after your treatments, only use new mascara. Wear sunglasses when outside and do not use contact lenses for 24 hours. Avoid eyelash tinting, extensions, lifting treatments or perming during the healing period.
After having one of my permanent lip treatments done, you will notice that the colour looks very bold and bright initially. Flaking will form over the first 2-3 days and you should take care not to rub, pick or pull these off. If your lips feel dry, apply the aftercare frequently.
One the flaking has come away, you will notice that the colour seems to have disappeared. Don’t worry – the pigment has just mixed in with your blood and your lips are healing underneath the skin. Over the following 3-4 weeks, you will notice the colour return and intensify. Continue using the aftercare to prevent dryness. If you are prone to cold sores, you will need to use a treatment for 5 days prior to your appointment and for as long as required after too.
It is normal for the colour to appear patchy after the first treatment. We will rectify this during our second appointment and, for those opting for a full colour, will use a third appointment to ensure your desired results are achieved.
During the healing period, avoid eating spicy foods and drink through a straw, where possible. Use vaseline when brushing your teeth and avoid kissing on the lips to ensure the pigment stays consistent. I recommend no lip plumping products or lip filler treatments, as these can impact the finished look.
Terms and Conditions
- £50 deposit is required to secure appointment. Please note deposits are paid in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable unless cancelled with at least 48 hours’ notice. Deposits are redeemable against a full price treatment.
- Cancellations or rescheduling must be made at least 48 hours in advance and by either calling or emailing Blossom directly, messages on social media will not be accepted as they may be missed.
- However, I understand that sometimes things can happen and that they are outside of our control. If appropriate notice has been given, I am happy to reschedule your appointment. The option to reschedule can only be used ONCE, after which it will be considered a cancellation and will result in losing your booking fee, irrespective of the number of working days’ notice given for the reschedule/cancellation.
- A patch test must be carried out at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. I strongly advise that this is done at your consultation however, a patch test can be posted to you in the event you cannot attend a consultation in person due to distance.
- Children are not permitted in the salon due to insurance reasons. Please do not bring children to any of your appointments.
- The minimum age for any treatment is 18 years old.
- I am committed to providing the highest quality treatment, therefore only the client (you) and technician (me) will be permitted to be in the treatment room during the procedure. Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointments without prior arrangement.
- You must arrive on time as arriving late may mean you lose your appointment and your deposit as this will delay the therapist schedule and is not fair to other following clients.
- I will not treat anyone who I suspect to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Pictures and sometimes videos are taken before and after the procedure for reference purposes and my own records. They may be used for advertising and marketing purposes on social media sites and on my website and other lawful purposes.
- I accept most major credit cards. Payment is accepted by debit, credit cards or cash only, cheques are not accepted. The prices listed for permanent make-up procedures include VAT and are subject to change at any time unless you have had the appointment booked ahead of time.
- Treatments and products are non-refundable and may not be exchanged.
Candidates seeking permanent make-up treatments who may be contraindicated (those that cannot be treated) are:
- Under the age of 18 years
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- With skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the area to be treated
- With blood conditions such as HIV and Hepatitis
- Have healing disorders or uncontrolled high blood pressure
Extra caution needs to be taken when you have:
- AHA’s (lactic, glycolic acids, retinoids) cosmetics used can fade and discolour your permanent make-up
- Cancer/chemotherapy: doctor’s approval may be necessary
- Laser eye surgery/eyelid surgery: please wait 6 months for eyeliner treatment.
- Botox and fillers: it is advised to have semi-permanent make-up first and then you will need to wait 4 weeks for fillers/Botox
- Eyelash Extensions should be removed before eyeliner appointment
- Clients with a history of cold sores need to use an anti-viral medication (Zovirax, valtrex, acyclovir) 5 days prior and 5 days post lip procedure to minimise the risk of an outbreak; treatment cannot be performed if there is an active outbreak.
What They Say
“First time getting permanent make up and not only was Julia welcoming, camling and incredibly professional, she has done such an amazing job! Thank you so much!
“I am so pleased with my eyeliner and it didn’t hurt one little bit. I am looking forward to my top up in 6 weeks. Julia’s procedures are covid secure and her salon is immaculate. Thank you so much.”
“Thank you so much Julia for doing my eyebrows, so pleased with them. You have done a great job, will be recommending to any friends that are thinking of having any treatments done.”
“Thank you so much Julia for my derma rolling my face feels and looks amazing and fresh. Had such a relaxing time, felt so welcome and comfortable.
The salon is beautiful, I can’t wait to come back for more and try out some different treatments xxx”
“Thank you so much Julia for doing my eyebrows so pleased with them . You have done a great job will be recommending to any friends that are thinking of having any treatments done.”